Happy Switch Launch Day, Terrarians!
That’s right - at long last, Terraria will be available for Nintendo Switch starting today on the Nintendo eShop with a physical/retail release coming just a little further down the road. It has been a long journey to get to this point, so we want to take a few moments to thank the entire development team at Pipeworks, as well as all of those in production support, QA, and more at 505 Games (publishers of Terraria on console and mobile).
To check out the eShop page to learn more or to pick up your digital copy, simply click the Terraria Switch boxart below!
So, all that said, here is what everyone can expect from Terraria on Nintendo Switch!
- Touch screen support to quickly navigate inventory and add more finesse in building, digging and combat (two joy-con™controllers required per player)
- Up to 8-player online play (Nintendo Switch Online subscription required)
- Over 300 enemies to combat, defeat, and plunder for loot
- Over 20 Bosses and Events to truly test the player's skills
- Endgame Celestial Invasion Event and the Moonlord final boss encounter
- Over 20 Biomes and Mini-Biomes to explore, both above and underground – from lush forests to barren deserts to dungeons, the underworld, and even the terrifying Corruption await!
- Expert Mode - designed to provide new challenges for even the most seasoned Terraria veterans - with the promise of greater rewards
- Updated crafting with multiple added item options
- Over 20 NPCs to discover, each providing their own benefits and unique style
- More than 800 new items to discover – bringing the total item count to more than 3500!
- In-depth building options that are easy to learn, but allow for amazing feats of architecture in the hands of a master
All of that on top of the rest of the core Terraria game - one that is rich in content and gameplay that will keep you entertained for hundreds of hours!
As always, should you run into any issues with Terraria on Switch, we would ask that you utilize the link below to file your report. This is the fastest and cleanest way to get your report directly to the development team. The team will be keenly observing all reports and will get all over any needed fixes immediately.
We hope you share our immense excitement for this day and the potential that Terraria has on Switch. We feel like the Switch platform was almost tailor-made for a game like Terraria, and we are beyond excited to see what everyone creates and does on this new console!