Happy launch day, Console Terrarians!
That's right, Terraria 1.3.4 makes its way at long last to XB1 and PS4 players today! This update is a combination update, containing all of the content from the 1.3.2, 1.3.3, and 1.3.4 versions of Terraria - and with this update, console players are now within a handful of items of parity with PC. (yes, we know Journey's End will change that for a time - but still, pretty cool!)
What all does that encompass, we hear you saying? You have come to the right place, because we have a handy changelog right here to help you navigate all of the cool new stuff! Before we dive deep into that, here are some key highlights:
Parties have now been added! You can start your own via the Party Girl's Party Center or the Town NPCs may start one, if certain conditions are met....
These include fun new party-themed items such as
- Bundled Party Balloons
- Balloon Animal
- Party Hat
- Silly Tied Balloons
- Party Center
- Silly Balloon Machine
- Party Present
A new weather event has been added, sandstorms! With it come new enemies, new loot, a new soundtrack, and a unique experience in the desert biome!
Blizzards now have a new visual effect
Deserts and the Underworld now have a heat distortion visual effect.
Dripping sand effects can be found in the desert, and placed anywhere by the player with the Magic Sand Dropper!
All new Desert Items, giving you brand new reasons to plunge the sandy depths...
- Forbidden Armor Set
- Ancient Horn (Basilisk Mount)
- Onyx Blaster
- Sky Fracture
- Mandible Blade
- Spirit Flame
- Pocket Mirror
- Djinn's Curse
- Lamia Vanity Set
- Ancient Vanity Set
- Desert Spirit Lamp
- Magic Sand Dropper
- Sandstorm Music Box
- Several new banners
Old One's Army & Dungeon Defenders 2 Crossover Content
This update includes all of the content from our awesome crossover event with Dungeon Defenders 2! Of course, if you missed the equally amazing Terraria content in DD2, now would be a fantastic time to check that out as well.
Old One's Army Invasion Event
- Invasion event featuring enemies, weapons, and gameplay mechanics inspired by Etheria - the Dungeon Defenders 2 universe
- This event will play like no other in Terraria - featuring a brand new mechanic where you protect an artifact from invading enemies with the help of a unique defensive structure system
- Multi-tiered event allows players at multiple points in the game to experience scaling difficulty, with corresponding loot
- Enjoy rewards in the form of armor, weapons, pets and more, all straight from the Dungeon Defenders 2 universe!
The Tavernkeep, a new NPC from the Dungeon Defenders universe, has arrived. He will be offering a variety of Etherian loot and gear in exchange for an exclusive currency earned by playing the new invasion!
Completely redesigned liquid visuals. Enjoy the ripples and waves, as the player, enemies, and projectiles now have a visible impact when they enter and move through water
The Blizzard weather event now has a new, unique ambient sound when active
Toggles for recently-added visual and water effects that will allow players to balance beautiful visuals and performance to fit their preferences
A new ability for Summoner players to direct their minions to attack a specific target
New Items - Etherian Style
- Four new sentry summons, each of which has three tiers of potency
- Ten new weapons
- Eight new armor sets
- Five new accessories
- Two new pets
- One new light pet
- Three new boss masks and trophies
- Two new decorative furniture items
- Defender's Forge - A brand new “Personal Safe” style furniture item, in the style of the Piggy Bank and Safe
- Defender Medals - A brand new currency which can be spent with the Tavernkeep for much of the above
- Ten new enemies, many of which can become visibly (and mechanically) more powerful as gameplay progresses
- Two new invasion style mini-bosses: Dark Mage and Ogre
- New Old One's Army Boss: the fire-breathing Betsy!
- New musical track based on the Dungeon Defenders 2 OST, complete with a matching Music Box
- Over 200 new sound effects inspired and adapted from Dungeon Defenders 2
- The way Sentry Summons function has been changed somewhat.
- Outside of the DD2 Invasion event, you now have a limit of one sentry summon at a time
- Some of the 1.3.4 content can increase this limit
- Unlike before, when the sentry limit is above 1, you can summon multiple versions of the same sentry. For instance, with a sentry limit of 3, you could summon 3 Frost Hydras at the same time.
- Summoners can now direct their minions to attack a specific target of their choosing. To do this, the summoner must Press B (XB1) or O (PS4) while targeting an enemy and holding a minion summoning staff. Minions with line of sight on that enemy will target it immediately. However, if the minions do not have line of sight, they will continue to attack targets at random.
Of course, all of the above only represents the bulk of the content additions. There are a lot of other changes "under the hood" to performance, balancing, bringing in PC version changes to functionality and bug fixes, etc. as well as additional items that we have not listed above. For those interested in some "light reading material", you can find the full changelog at the bottom of our official launch day thread located HERE!