The day that you have all been waiting for has finally arrived! That's right, Terraria 1.3 for Playstation 4 launches TODAY!!! Xbox One is a few days behind, as we mentioned the other day, but we did want to share that the 1.3 update for Xbox has officially been submitted to Microsoft for approval - so hopefully not too much longer now.
The update should roll out globally throughout the day - so be patient if it has not yet arrived on your console for download.
So, what exactly are you getting today? Well, the content changelog will be much the same as the one from when PC made the leap from 1.2.4 to 1.3. To give you just some of the highlights:
- Brand new invasions and events - including Martian Madness and the penultimate challenge: the battle vs the Lunar Cultists, Celestial Pillars, and the Moonlord himself!
- Over 800 new items - including weapons, armor, potions, building items and more - are available to find or craft!
- Expert Mode - Fortune and Glory, Kid... are you willing to take on a much higher challenge with the promise of greater rewards?
- New Biomes - the Underground Desert, Sky Lakes, and other mini biomes are out there for you to uncover
- Loads of Quality of Life changes and new features/mechanics
- Updated sprites and artwork aligned to the PC 1.3.4 update
However, that is not all! Terraria 1.3 for Consoles is not a mere update to the existing version of the game. Instead, this represents a complete rewrite of the codebase from the ground up, utilizing the core PC codebase as its foundation. What does this mean? It means you will see a good number of additional changes:
- Brand new Controller schemes - including Red's Pick and legacy console defaults - as well as full controller remapping so that you can customize your controls to your preferences.
- New UI for Single Player and Splitscreen that more closely matches PC
- More save slots for Players and Worlds
- Larger worlds that now exactly match their intended sizes on PC
- Other smaller visual and otherwise tweaks
LEGACY CONSOLE SAVE CONVERSION
Have an existing save from the legacy version of Terraria on console? Don't worry, the Pipeworks team have made sure that you will be able to continue your adventure with your old saves into the new and exciting world of 1.3! When you first launch the new update on your console, your legacy saves will be converted over to the new format as a part of startup. This is a one time process and it will take several minutes, depending on how many players/worlds you have and how large and complex they are. It is important that you let this process finish, so do not shut off your console, etc. until it does.
FEEDBACK AND BUG REPORTING
The Pipeworks team is on full standby and is prepared to roll out hotfixes. This will start with any minor bugs that we deferred in order to get this update out to you sooner vs later and will also include anything else you find - because, as always, millions of players will always find something that even the best internal QA team will not. Please get any early bugs you find in so that the team can address as many as possible before everyone shuts down for the Holidays (remember, even devs and Sony/MS deserve some time off ).
Primary place for Console Bug Reports - Please utilize this link, which we will also have in a banner on TCF for a bit: CLICK HERE TO REPORT CONSOLE BUGS
For further details – including where and how to provide bug reports, feedback, and what is next up for the Terraria teams, please check out our full forum post on this launch: LINK TO FULL DETAILS
So, it's a day to celebrate for Terrarians everywhere - an amazing new update in your hands and the promise of so much more to come! We cannot thank you enough for your patience and understanding as our teams collaborated to make this latest version of Terraria as solid as we could.
Cheers and here's to the future... now what are you still here for? Get out there and enjoy 1.3!
~The Teams at Re-Logic, Pipeworks, and 505 Games